Hey Blog!

For my music class, I have been challenged to learn a piece on a musical instrument. The piece should exhibit an understanding of the instrument and the music I decide to play.

So… I will be learning a song on the PIANO! Since I have limited knowledge of musical instruments and music in general, I have decided to learn just one song, but one that is learned through sheet music as well as has roles for both hands. It is called Prince of Heaven and sounds super beautiful on the piano (so far haha).

Obviously, learning a song on the piano doesn’t happen overnight. That’s why I have set aside 1 hour 4 times a week for me to work on the song. My goal is to learn to play the song fluidly with the lower bass clef option (there’s two). I ordered my sheet music yesterday and started playing it, and although it will be difficult, I can honestly say that this is the first time in a while that I have felt truly excited to work on an assignment for school.

I created a growth plan to organize the steps I have to follow to meet my goals for this assignment. As is shown, I’d like the master the right hand by February 14 and the left (with the right) by March 20. These dates are earlier than the due date because I want to make sure I have time to upload my videos, especially since there is a possibility of technology not working properly and me needing extra help to upload it. I believe that writing this due date a bit earlier on my calendar will ensure that I finish on time and reduce stress regarding due dates.

With all this being said, I am excited to start learning Prince of Heaven on the piano and dive into creating music.

Logging off for now,

COordt 🙂