Hey Cloggers! (like the new name? I was inspired by Beyonce’s beehive) 😛

Today in class, we watched a movie called RiP! Remix Manifesto Documentary (should I add the copyright sign after that title?? I don’t wanna get sued…). It’s a movie talking about the various ways people have experienced the unfortunate reality of copyright. For example, making remixes of songs, downloading music, and singing happy birthday are all infringements of copyright (well, not the happy birthday anymore… can you believe I was technically a criminal for 18 years – crazy stuff).

Anyway, this movie has really shown me how careful we as teachers, and just humans in general living in a society run by the internet, should be with regards to material we show in classrooms, worksheets we hand out to students, and pictures we put up on the wall (I wouldn’t want people mistaking my classroom for DisneyLand…) 😛 This is especially important in a ever-developing online world.

Today, we also discussed Creative Commons. It’s a platform that allows teachers to post their materials as well as use other teachers’ materials and lesson plans in their own class. On the website, it says “when we share, everyone wins” and ain’t that the truth?!? Furthermore, we looked at OER (open education resources) and searched up some resources we could use in class. These platforms are IDEAL or teachers because sometimes, the creative juices aren’t flowing… and that’s okay!

Anyway cloggers, happy resource hunting… and don’t sing any remixes while you’re at it 😛

Logging off for now,

COordt 🙂