Hey Blog!

So as you know from my last post, I am going to be focussing on calligraphy and lettering, as well as how to use it to organize your life, for my free inquiry project. However, before I can start working, I have to gather the appropriate materials needed to adequately work on this project and take it in a variety of ways. And that’s what I’m talking about in this blog post!

Since I know that nice art supplies such as markers and pens and special paper are often very expensive, I set a 30$ limit on my budget for materials. I then did some research to formulate a list of what would be most necessary for this project, and extra stuff I would buy if I had money left over in my budget. I listed paper (lined and blank), a pencil, an eraser, and a black pen as complete necessities and wrote coloured pens, markers, fine liners, highlighters, and a ruler as extras. As my last step before heading out to the store, I looked through the art materials I already had in my room so that I wasn’t purchasing duplicates on my trip. I found pencils, an eraser, a nice pen, an old sketchbook (with blank paper), and a ruler (yay – that smells like money saved!)

After this, I set off to the UVic bookstore (even though it can be pricey) to browse for supplies I was missing – keep in mind that the reason I chose the UVic bookstore for purchasing my supplies was because I already had flex dollars on my OneCard (these dollars have to be used on campus and cannot be redeemed for cash, so I thought might as well use this money instead of spending more cash at another store).

At the bookstore, I found everything on my list. Nonetheless, not everything fit in my budget… Therefore, I chose to purchase a set of 36 double-sided markers, a set of four (really high quality – splurge!!) fine liners, a pack of lined paper, and one coloured pen (my favourite brand and in the colour pink). I left behind supplies that I felt were less useful and I chose the double sided markers because now I would have set of thick tip and fine tip markers, all in one (and for the price of one!)

* All my supplies are shown below *

So, now that I have all the materials I need (I think…), I can get started on learning about calligraphy, lettering, and using these two artistic skills to plan out my daily life.

Logging off for now,

COordt 🙂