cantika Regular

I’m back to talk about my first assignment for my tech class: free inquiry… and my intro gives a little insight into my topic.

I’m choosing to dive into calligraphy and lettering!

I have always loved the look of all the different fonts and styles of calligraphy & lettering, and really want to develop my skills in this area. I don’t necessarily see myself as a super creative or artistic person; however, writing is the one area where I can be expressive and creative and feel somewhat competent in an artistic skill. I also like that lettering will allow me to organize my life by differentiating school work, work work, and my social life in one calendar with different colours, fonts, and styles. Lettering makes organizing and planning way more fun (and using a planner is probably the only reason I haven’t failed or forgotten any assignments yet…)

All of these points are reasons as to why I want to get more into lettering. I want to learn more fonts and styles of writing, along with the best way to organize all my thoughts into a pretty and easy to read page of art. I’m super excited to start working on this inquiry and start developing my artistic skills!

Thanks for reading my blog; I’ll see you next week (hopefully with some more understanding of lettering and a font or two) 😛

Logging off for now,

COordt 🙂