I never saw myself as a blogger but here I am.

Today I created a blog for my technology class. It’s a requirement to be able to post weekly blogs (right here on this awesome blog) about the various concepts we learn and discover in this class. Technology is a subject that I feel quite comfortable with; however, I also definitely realize that there is so much more about technology, and so many different technologies, that I can better understand.

Creating a blog was quite simple. Nonetheless, it’s important to note that I had a prescribed list of instructions that I followed to create it. I believe that I would have struggled much more (and maybe even given up…) without this set of instructions. The OpenEd website, although colourful and eye-catching, was not very clear. Due to my limited knowledge of various blogging platforms, I was unsure which direction to take on the website (before using the instructions, of course). After figuring out which buttons to click, the process was definitely more structured with fill-in-the-blank boxes. Receiving the confirmation about the WordPress blog took longer than expected, but the email came through in the end.

Once my WordPress blog was created, navigating the actual blog website was simple. I quickly figured out how to add posts (without instruction – *self-five*) and categorize them into the various course sections.

And now, I’m here writing my first ever blog!

Overall, this experience went just as well as expected. Since I did create this in a classroom setting – with help from my peers and teacher – I did not expect much struggle in the first place.

In conclusion, I am excited to start this course and begin the extensive journey of technology in the classroom.

Oh, and by the way, I’m Claire. Thanks for reading my first blog!

Logging off for now,

COordt 🙂