Hey Blog!

I’m back with another blog except this is my first blog after my midterm check-in! I cannot believe that the semester is more than half over and I’ve already learned the right hand portion of my song. It’s exciting stuff and I’m looking forward to getting back in the groove of things and practicing my song! 😛

My goal for the end of term is to be able to play the right and left hands together. I also want to play the song fluidly and use correct fingering (which was also apart of my goal for the midterm). In my Growth Plan, I wrote that I wanted to learn the left hand by March 6 (which was yesterday) and I’m proud to say that I have accomplished this goal. I learned how to play the notes of the left hand and since there is a lot of repetition, it was decently easy to pick up. I am, however, a bit nervous to begin incorporating the two together because the timing does not always match up. We will see though… I’m not afraid of a challenge. I can also always ask Aria for help because she is a bit of a piano prodigy.

One challenge I have had with learning the left hand is that my pinky gets a bit sore and tight. I think this has to do with it being quite weak but I’m hoping practice will help strengthen it. Obviously, I have to be mindful of it and not overdo it but so far, it seems fine.

I’m looking forward to incorporating my two hands together… this will really make me feel like a true pianist!

Logging off for now,

COordt 🙂